Our IT Support Programme aims to build your confidence in a supportive environment to help you successfully enter into this profession.
Benefits to you:
- Access a career in technology, which is the UK’s fastest growing sector (6x more than any other)! IT Support is an accessible entry point to develop transferable skills in the sector and futureproof your career.
- Earn up to £24k as a starting salary and after 2 to 3 years progression to Team Leader, Desktop Engineer or System Administrator (£24–35k).
- Other career options include specialising in Databases, Cloud, Security or Infrastructure.
- No previous qualifications or experience needed, only an interest in this career choice!
How it works:
- Free training: Over 8 weeks, you’ll learn how to successfully launch your career in IT Support with the relevant skills and knowledge.
- Mentoring (on programme and 6 months after): You will receive one to one mentoring support throughout the programme and for 6 months after to support your journey into employment.
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, we will connect you with employers and help you with your employability such as CV writing and mock interviews.
- Application Stages: Please see below for more information on how to get involved.
- Insight into IT Support: Scroll down below to watch a video, which gives you an insight into this profession.
- Childcare Support We have developed an initiative to offer financial support and advice for any additional childcare responsibilities parents may have to manage while they are on programmes and interviewing for roles with us at Generation.=
Contact us: For questions, please email LondonTeam@generation.org and we will be happy to help!
Program Length8 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
All courses are currently being conducted remotely
Insight into IT Support
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges