Kickstart your career in healthcare
Are you a jobseeker aged 18 or over? Do you enjoy caring for people, and seeing them feel better thanks to you?
Then you could make a great Healthcare Support Worker.
On this 5 week online programme you’ll get the knowledge and skills you need to secure a role within the NHS in Manchester.
What jobs could I do after completing the programme?
This programme trains you to become a Trainee Healthcare Support Worker, either in the NHS or with another healthcare provider. You’ll work under the guidance of a healthcare professional such as a nurse and your job will vary depending on where you’re based. For example, in a hospital you may: wash and dress patients. serve meals and help to feed patients. help people to move around.
Once the programme has finished, we will support you with your application within the NHS into either an apprentice healthcare support worker role (if you have been in the UK/EEA for 3 years or more) or for a role in a community care provider.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is open to anyone aged 18+ who is living in Greater Manchester and currently unemployed or working on a zero-hours contract.
You don’t need any qualifications or experience to apply and we particularly encourage applications from people without a university degree.
We are looking for learners who:
- enjoying working with people and caring for them
- enjoy working with others in a team
- can be polite and professional in all situations
What will you gain from the programme?
- It’s free! Gain all the skills you need to kickstart a career in healthcare, at no cost.
- Average estimated starting salary from £20-22k in your first role and access to future progression opportunities
- Continue to claim benefits and Universal Credit throughout the programme
- Grow in confidence and resilience, while building your first professional network in the classroom.
- Preparation for the Care Certificate qualification that you will gain once you are working.
Program Length5 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
100% online delivery
- Aged 18+
- Not currently in education, training, or employment
- Currently living in Greater Manchester
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Available for 5 weeks, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
- Passionate about a career in healthcare
Where could the job lead?
Once you qualify as a Healthcare Support Worker, your career can develop in many directions. You could:
- Become a Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Specialise in a skill such as blood-taking
- Go on to do a full nursing qualification
Got a question?
Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to have a chat.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
Learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Complete your applicationGo through the selection process outlined earlier
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the programme starts to make sure you have all the support you need to achieve your potential.
Start your trainingThe programme begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed in the end role.
Get ready for your interviewAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on your interview technique and creating your personal statement to submit to the hospital.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Interview and start in your roleYou’ll interview with the hospital, who have vacancies reserved especially for Generation graduates. We’ll continue to support you as you start in your new role.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges