Get certified as an IT Professional with a globally recognised qualification.
Our IT Support Programme aims to build your confidence in a supportive environment to help you successfully enter into this profession.
Benefits to you:
- At NO cost you you, gain an IT certification worth £1300 from the Service Desk Institute who are a leading global community for everyone working in the IT service and support industry.
- Access a career in technology, which is the UK’s fastest growing sector (6x more than any other)!
- Earn up to £24k as a starting salary and after 2 to 3 years progression to Team Leader, Desktop Engineer or System Administrator (£24–35k).
- Other career options include specialising in Databases, Cloud, Security or Infrastructure.
- No previous qualifications or experience needed, only an interest in this career choice!
How it works:
- Free training and certification: Over 12 weeks, you’ll learn how to successfully launch your career in IT Support with the relevant skills and knowledge.
- Mentoring (on programme and 6 months after): You will receive one to one mentoring support throughout the programme and for 6 months after to support your journey into employment.
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, we will connect you with employers and help you with your employability such as CV writing and mock interviews.
- Application Stages: Please see below for more information on how to get involved.
- Insight into IT Support: Scroll down below to watch a video, which gives you an insight into this profession.
APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2021 IT SUPPORT PROGRAMME ARE NOW CLOSED. Please register your interest to be informed about 2022 programmes.
Program Length12 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am - 3pm
Remote learningAll courses are currently being conducted remotely
A few of our awesome partners
Insight into IT Support
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Take the first stepRegister Interest
Get orientedComplete Generation's orientation process with Generation staff. Together, we'll make sure you're ready to begin class with the resources you need to succeed.
TrainBegin your training. Complete all assigned homework and come to class each day ready to learn and engage with your cohort and your instructor.
PrepareAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on mock interviews and perfecting your resume.
GraduateGraduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
AdvanceContinue to advance your career. Share your successes with the Generation team and stay connected with Generation.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges