Kickstart your career with Generation’s Career Support Programme
Getting a foothold in the job market can be tough — especially in recent months as we have all struggled to adapt to the changes brought about by coronavirus.
Generation’s Career Support programme helps you to find clear next steps for progressing your career, and supports you to get there quickly — whether you know what you want to do but are struggling to get a foot in the door, or if you’re still figuring out what type of role could work for you.
Career Support is free, and exclusively available for people in Leeds City Region who are unemployed, long-term out of work or on a zero hours contract. Sign up now, or read more about what’s involved below.
What happens on the programme?
- You choose! We have a website with loads of hints, tips, videos and an employability toolkit to get you started, which you can work through progressively. Do you struggle with confidence in interviews? No idea how to make your CV stand out? Not sure how to build your sector experience? You can pick from a range of modules to improve your skills in the areas that matter to you.
- We also have regular workshops delivered by a career coach where you can grow your likelihood of getting a job by understanding how to analyse your strengths, how to talk confidently about yourself and your skills, how to distill this into a standout CV, writing a brilliant application or cover letter and then sealing the deal at interview. Our experienced Career Coach can walk you through lots of different scenarios and help you understand the process of getting a job and helping point out what recruiters are looking for from top candidates.
- Book a 1:1 with a career coach who can talk through any particular challenges you may be facing and help you make a plan to overcome them.
- Get feedback on your CV and take mock interviews, where you can practice your answers to some common questions and receive feedback from a career advisor.
- Access the financial support you’re entitled to — We’ll support you to access benefits you may be entitled to through the government, and if you are a lone parent we may be able to assist with additional costs such as childcare.
Our website and mock interviews are available on-demand whenever you want to access them, with events and workshops happening every week, so sign up and we’ll get in touch to let you know when your first session will be.
Program LengthFlexible, up to 8 weeks
Online modules, workshops and 1:1 support
With this flexible programme, you choose the pace and learning style more suitable for you.
We’ll help you learn the technical skills to identify great roles, apply for them, succeed at interview and negotiate your terms in a new role.
Behavior & Mindsets
Learn how to:
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges