Kickstart your career in healthcare
Do you enjoy caring for people, and seeing them feel better thanks to you?
Then you could make a great Trainee Healthcare Support Worker.
On this 3 week online programme you’ll get the knowledge and skills you need to become a Healthcare Support Worker at one of West Yorkshire’s hospitals.
At the end, you’ll have a guaranteed interview for the job, that we’ll help you prepare for.
We want you to succeed:
- Free to join
- Guaranteed interview in a West Yorkshire hospital such as Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust, Leeds Community Care Trust or Leeds and York NHS Partnership Foundation Trust after the course
- No experience needed
- Get a head start on pre-employment checks!
- Prepare for the Care Certificate qualification
- Continue to claim benefits and UC throughout the course
- Shadowing of healthcare assistants in a clinical and community care setting
The next course will start of 27th Sept 2021. Register your interest here
Program Length3 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
100% online delivery
Where could the job lead?
Once you qualify as a Healthcare Support Worker, your career can develop in many directions. You could:
- Become a Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Specialise in a skill such as blood-taking
- Go on to do a full nursing qualification
Got a question?
Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to have a chat.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
Learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Complete your applicationGo through the selection process outlined earlier
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the programme starts to make sure you have all the support you need to achieve your potential.
Start your trainingThe programme begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed in the end role.
Get ready for your interviewAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on your interview technique and creating your personal statement to submit to the hospital.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Interview and start in your roleYou’ll interview with the hospital, who have vacancies reserved especially for Generation graduates. We’ll continue to support you as you start in your new role.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges