Launch your tech career with Microsoft Azure Cloud
The Microsoft Azure Cloud bootcamp is a free 12 week programme designed to kickstart your career in tech — the programme is delivered with support from our partners at Microsoft and will prepare you to work in cloud engineering roles that use the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
By the end of the boot-camp, you’ll be able to perform engineering tasks related to building, extending and maintaining software and services running on Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Platform, preparing you to work in teams of tech professionals at a wide variety of different organisations.
As part of the boot-camp, you’ll complete the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals qualifications, which will help set you up for success in future roles.
What jobs could I do after completing the programme?
This programme trains you to become a Cloud Engineer – a cloud engineer is an IT professional responsible for technological duties related to cloud computing, including design, maintenance and support.
Generation and Microsoft teams have worked closely with employers to build a course teaching what you exactly what you need know to be successful in a tech career from day one.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is open to anyone aged 19+ as at 31st August 2023 who is living in London and currently unemployed or working on a zero-hours contract.
You don’t need any qualifications or experience to apply and we encourage applications from groups under-represented in the tech industry – particularly women, those without university degrees and those aged under 30.
Listen to some of our graduates speak about what it’s like to study on one of our programmes:
What can we offer you?
- Free training – You’ll learn all you need to be successful in a cloud engineering career – from the coding languages and technical knowledge of cloud computing to the employment skills that will help you fulfil your potential.
- Free qualifications:
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certificate – you’ll be prepared for and sit this exam as part of the programme
- Connect with employers – At the end of the programme, Generation will connect you with employers hiring for cloud engineer roles, support you through your application, and help you transition into your working life.
- Free IT support – if you need a laptop, webcam, or internet connectivity to help you access the boot-camp, we’ll provide it while you study, free of charge
- Continue to receive your benefits –If you’re receiving universal credit or other benefits, we’ll work with you to make sure you continue to receive these during the programme.
All Generation bootcamps are delivered online via Zoom.
Program Length12 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Aged 19+ as at 31st August 2023
- Available for 12 weeks, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
- Not currently in education, training or stable employment (zero-hours contracts are accepted)
- Have lived in the UK or European Economic Area for a minimum of 3 years
- Have the relevant Right to Work in the UK (Student Visas, Graduate Visas, Skilled Worker Visas and Youth Mobility Visas not eligible)
- Can demonstrate your interest in a career in technology
- Currently living in a London borough
This programme is delivered in partnership with:
What is a Cloud Engineer?
Cloud technology underpins everything we experience online. From Netflix to Facebook, Reddit to the BBC, lots of companies around the world use Microsoft Azure and cloud services to power their businesses.
Cloud Engineers perform the coding and software engineering that brings the architect’s vision to life. They merge traditional programming skills with specialized knowledge in one or more of the leading cloud platforms' development environments to build, deploy and optimize cloud-based applications.
A Cloud Engineer's daily responsibilities and tasks include:
- Implementing alerts that warn engineers when something is going wrong, or is likely to go wrong soon.
- Troubleshooting errors for cloud infrastructure
- Deploying software and/or configuration to fleets of computers based on defined rules and processes.
- Writing and update documentation and knowledge base articles for internal and external readers
- Creating cloud resources (cloud servers, databases, etc) from the web console, command line or using infrastructure as code tools like Terraform.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll understand:
Don't worry if some of these technical skills aren't familiar to you — we'll teach you everything on the programme. To explore if you'll enjoy the course content, we recommend trying out some free online coding courses such as Codeacademy or Freecodecamp.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
Preparing you for employment
We'll also spend time teaching you how to thrive in work through:
- Employment Essentials sessions - including interview skills, CV writing
- Social Support and Mentorship sessions
- Community sessions - giving you a support network after your time with us
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges