Kickstart your career in healthcare
Do you enjoy caring for people, and seeing them feel better thanks to you?
Then you could make a great Trainee Healthcare Support Worker.
On this 5 week (1 induction week + 4 teaching weeks) online programme you’ll get the knowledge and skills you need to become a Healthcare Support Worker at one of London’s hospitals.
At the end, you’ll have a guaranteed interview for the job, that we will help you prepare for with CV writing workshops, 1:1 mentoring and mock interviews.
We want you to succeed:
- Free to join
- No experience needed
- Get a head start on pre-employment checks!
- Prepare for the Care Certificate qualification that you will gain once within your role
- Continue to claim benefits and Universal Credit throughout the course
- Childcare Support We have developed an initiative to offer financial support and advice for any additional childcare responsibilities parents may have to manage while they are on programmes and interviewing for roles with us at Generation.
- It is a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the majority of Healthcare roles. We will seek assurance you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless medically exempt.
Program Length5 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Where could the job lead?
Once you qualify as a Healthcare Support Worker, your career can develop in many directions. You could:
- Become a Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Specialise in a skill such as blood-taking
- Go on to do a full nursing qualification
Got a question?
Drop an email to email@example.com and we'll be happy to have a chat.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
Learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Complete your applicationGo through the selection process outlined earlier
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the programme starts to make sure you have all the support you need to achieve your potential.
Start your trainingThe programme begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed in the end role.
Get ready for your interviewAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on your interview technique and creating your personal statement to submit to the hospital.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Interview and start in your roleYou’ll interview with the hospital, who have vacancies reserved especially for Generation graduates. We’ll continue to support you as you start in your new role.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges