Want to launch your career in cyber security but don’t have prior IT experience and aren’t sure where to start?
This free 9 week skills bootcamp will help you to build your confidence in a supportive environment and land your first job in IT Support with the tools to progress into in-demand and high paying cyber security roles within 3-5 years.
This bootcamp is for you if:
- you enjoy working with IT hardware and software
- you like to help people and have an understanding of good customer service
- you are enthusiastic about sustaining a great career in IT
This bootcamp is designed for learners who do not have an advanced university degree background.
Benefits to you:
- At NO cost you you, gain all the skills you need to kickstart a career in the IT Support industry
- Learn how to progress your career into high paying £60K+ cyber security positions with numerous (and growing) opportunities!
- Average estimated starting salary from £25-30k in IT Support and £35k+ progressing as a Network Engineer, Desktop Engineer or System Administrator
- Gain access to a career in technology, one of the UK’s fastest growing sectors.
- No previous qualifications or experience needed, only an interest in this career choice!
How it works:
- Free training: Over 9 weeks, you’ll learn how to successfully launch your career in IT Support and the skills needed with our dedicated Curriculum team.
- Cyber Security: learn specific security technical skills around networking, configuring accounts and many more to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Mentoring (on programme and 6 months after): You will receive one to one mentoring support throughout the programme and for 6 months after to support your journey int employment.
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, we will connect you with employers with live vacancies and help you with your employability such as CV writing and mock interviews.
- Cyber Security pathways – we will teach you the different career pathways and qualifications so you could be looking at a job as a cyber security analyst or penetration tester within 5 years of your first job in IT Support.
- Enhance your earning potential – IT Support specialists with cyber security skills can earn £10-20k more after just 5 years of experience
Program Length9 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
All courses are currently being conducted remotely
- Aged 19- 30
- Not currently in education, training or stable employment (zero-hours contracts are accepted)
- You are not a University graduate
- Available for 9 weeks full time, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
- Have the legal right to work and live in the UK
- You are currently living in a East London Borough
- Excited about a career in IT Support
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Take the first stepApply Now!
Get orientedComplete Generation's orientation process with Generation staff. Together, we'll make sure you're ready to begin class with the resources you need to succeed.
TrainBegin your training. Complete all assigned homework and come to class each day ready to learn and engage with your cohort and your instructor.
PrepareAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on mock interviews and perfecting your resume.
GraduateGraduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
AdvanceContinue to advance your career. Share your successes with the Generation team and stay connected with Generation.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges