This programme has been developed in partnership with Microsoft.
Join Generation’s free bootcamp to build your confidence in a supportive environment and land your first job in IT Support with the tools to progress into in-demand cyber security roles within 3-5 years.
What jobs could I do after completing the programme?
This programme trains you to become a IT Support Analyst- other job titles of recent graduates include Helpdesk Analyst and Technical Analyst.
If you choose to go onto specialise in Cyber Security, you could progress to roles including Cyber Security Analyst and Penetration Tester within 5 years of starting your career in IT Support.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is open to anyone aged 19+ as at 31st August 2023 who is living in Greater Manchester and currently unemployed or working on a zero-hours contract.
You don’t need any qualifications or experience to apply and we encourage applications from groups under-represented in the tech industry – particularly women, those without university degrees and those aged under 30.
We are looking for learners who:
- enjoy working with IT hardware and software
- like to help people and have an understanding of good customer service
- are enthusiastic about sustaining a great career in IT
What will you gain from the programme?
- It’s free! Gain all the skills you need to kickstart a career in the IT Support industry at no cost.
- Average estimated starting salary from £25-30k in IT Support and £35k+ progressing as a Network Engineer, Desktop Engineer or System Administrator
- Learn how to progress your career into high paying £60K+ cyber security positions with numerous (and growing) opportunities!
- Grow in confidence and resilience, while building your first professional network in the classroom.
How it works:
- Free training: Over 9 weeks, you’ll learn how to successfully launch your career in IT Support and the skills needed with our dedicated Curriculum team.
- Cyber Security: learn specific security technical skills around networking, configuring accounts and many more to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Free IT support – if you need a laptop, webcam, or internet connectivity to help you access the boot-camp, we’ll provide it while you study, free of charge
- Mentoring (on programme and 6 months after): You will receive one to one mentoring support throughout the programme and for 6 months after to support your journey int employment.
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, we will connect you with employers with live vacancies and help you with your employability such as CV writing and mock interviews.
- Cyber Security pathways – we will teach you the different career pathways and qualifications so you could be looking at a job as a cyber security analyst or penetration tester within 5 years of your first job in IT Support.
- Enhance your earning potential – IT Support specialists with cyber security skills can earn £10-20k more after just 5 years of experience
All Generation bootcamps are delivered online via Zoom.
Program Length9 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
All courses are currently being conducted remotely
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges