IT Support with Cyber Security Launch your career now!
This programme has been developed in partnership with Microsoft.
Want to launch your career in cyber security but don’t have prior IT experience and don’t know where to start?
Join Generation’s free bootcamp to build your confidence in a supportive environment and land your first job in IT Support with the tools to progress into in-demand cyber security roles within 3-5 years.
What jobs could I do after completing the programme?
This programme trains you to become a IT Support Analyst- other job titles of recent graduates include Helpdesk Analyst and Technical Analyst.
If you choose to go onto specialise in Cyber Security, you could progress to roles including Cyber Security Analyst and Penetration Tester within 5 years of starting your career in IT Support.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is open to anyone aged 18-30 who live in commuting distance of Edinburgh and Glasgow, and currently unemployed or working on a zero-hours contract.
You don’t need any qualifications or experience to apply and we encourage applications from groups under-represented in the tech industry – particularly women and those without university degrees.
We are looking for learners who:
- enjoy working with IT hardware and software
- like to help people and have an understanding of good customer service
- are enthusiastic about sustaining a great career in IT
What will you gain from the programme?
- It’s free! Gain all the skills you need to kickstart a career in the IT Support industry at no cost.
- Average estimated starting salary from £25-30k in IT Support and £35k+ progressing as a Network Engineer, Desktop Engineer or System Administrator
- Learn how to progress your career into high paying £60K+ cyber security positions with numerous (and growing) opportunities!
- Grow in confidence and resilience, while building your first professional network in the classroom.
How it works:
- Free training: Over 9 weeks, you’ll learn how to successfully launch your career in IT Support and the skills needed with our dedicated Curriculum team.
- Cyber Security: learn specific security technical skills around networking, configuring accounts and many more to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Mentoring (on programme and 6 months after): You will receive one to one mentoring support throughout the programme and for 6 months after to support your journey int employment.
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, we will connect you with employers with live vacancies and help you with your employability such as CV writing and mock interviews.
- Cyber Security pathways – we will teach you the different career pathways and qualifications so you could be looking at a job as a cyber security analyst or penetration tester within 5 years of your first job in IT Support.
- Enhance your earning potential – IT Support specialists with cyber security skills can earn £10-20k more after just 5 years of experience
Program Length9 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
All courses are currently being conducted remotely
Start DateRegister your interest and we'll let you know when this programme runs again
- Aged 18-30
- Available for 9 weeks full time, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
- Have the legal right to work and live in the UK
- Excited about a career in IT Support
- Currently living within a commutable distance from Edinburgh or Glasgow
- In the event we are over-subscribed, priority will be given to applicants without a university degree
A few of our awesome partners
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
- How to diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems across the latest technologies
- How to configure and install networks and operating systems with the right security
- How to provide excellent customer communication
- The behaviours and mindsets needed to progress to new career opportunities
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
- Communicate effectively
- Work in a team
- Adapt to different situations
- Keep learning and develop
What your journey will look like
Take the first stepRegister Interest
Get orientedComplete Generation's orientation process with Generation staff. Together, we'll make sure you're ready to begin class with the resources you need to succeed.
TrainBegin your training. Complete all assigned homework and come to class each day ready to learn and engage with your cohort and your instructor.
PrepareAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on mock interviews and perfecting your resume.
GraduateGraduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
AdvanceContinue to advance your career. Share your successes with the Generation team and stay connected with Generation.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges