Become a Data Analyst
Demand for data skills has tripled in the past five years and it is one of the fastest growing areas in tech! On this free 11 week Skills Bootcamp in Data Analytics, we’ll provide you with the perfect launchpad to enter this area. This is a Skills Bootcamp– part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs.
Hear from our previous learners
How it works
You don’t need any existing work experience or qualifications to be part of this training programme. However, you’re more likely to thrive on the programme and in a career as a data analyst if…
- you enjoy working with numbers (and you’re good at it too), calculations and analysis
- you like solving problems with a logical, step-by-step approach
- you’re detail orientated
- you’re comfortable learning new software programmes like Excel to perform analysis
- you’re happy doing (or learning to do) a bit of computer programming or coding
- you’re comfortable working with people to explain, communicate and present your analysis and technical concepts in simple, easy to understand ways
What we’re offering
- Free training You’ll learn all you need to be successful – from programming skills to the employment essentials that will help you achieve your potential. All programmes are delivered fully remote.
- Gain an industry recognised Qualification Train towards obtaining the Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals qualification (at £0 cost to you).
- Connect with hiring employers At the end of the programme, Generation will enrol you to the Graduate Hub, helping you prepare for interviews. We will connect you with employers looking to hire data analysts at the time, support you in job applications, and help you transition into your working life.
- Mentor and coaching support during and 6 months post programme
- Continue to receive your benefits if you are receiving Universal Credit or other work-related benefits such as JSA or ESA
Program Length11 weeks
- Aged 19+
- You like Maths, and are interested in working with numbers
- Not currently in education, training, or stable employment
- Have lived in the UK/EEA for the past 3 years
- Have the legal right to work & live in the UK
- Currently living in Birmingham, Solihull, Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall, Wolverhampton, or Coventry
- Available full time for 11 weeks, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
What does a Data Analyst Do?
Data, data, data - we are producing more than ever and it is seen as the new most valuable asset of companies. Think about how many customers a company like Amazon or eBay has. Millions? Then think about how many items they have online. Billions? And within that, how many types of individual information - names, locations, costs - all evolving all the time.
What makes data so valuable is the analysis of it and how it can be used to make the right decisions - whether this be launching a new product, determining what type of tv series will sell best or even setting a strategy to manage a pandemic - all require data analytics.
Hear first hand what a data analyst does - this example is from a Healthcare company
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Don't worry if some of these technical skills aren't familiar to you — you'll learn them on the programme.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to develop the key employability skills to be successful in your role.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges