Kickstart your career in healthcare
Are you a jobseeker aged 18 or over? Do you enjoy caring for people, and seeing them feel better thanks to you?
Then you could make a great Healthcare Support Worker.
On this 4 week online programme you’ll get the knowledge and skills you need to secure a role within the NHS in Yorkshire.
What jobs could I do after completing the programme?
This programme trains you to become a Trainee Healthcare Support Worker, either in the NHS or in another healthcare provider. You’ll work under the guidance of a healthcare professional such as a nurse and your job will vary depending on where you’re based. For example, in a hospital you may: wash and dress patients. serve meals and help to feed patients. help people to move around.
Once the programme has finished, we will support you with your application within the NHS into either an apprentice healthcare support worker role (if you have been in the UK/EEA for 3 years or more) or for a role in a community care provider.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is open to anyone aged 18+ who is living in Yorkshire and currently unemployed or working on a zero-hours contract.
You don’t need any qualifications or experience to apply and we particularly encourage applications from people without a university degree.
We are looking for learners who:
- enjoying working with people and caring for them
- enjoy working with others in a team
- can be polite and professional in all situations
What will you gain from the programme?
- It’s free! Gain all the skills you need to kickstart a career in healthcare, at no cost.
- Free IT support – if you need a laptop, webcam, or internet connectivity to help you access the boot-camp, we’ll provide it while you study, free of charge
- Average estimated starting salary from £20-22k in your first role and access to future progression opportunities
- Continue to claim benefits and Universal Credit throughout the programme
- Grow in confidence and resilience, while building your first professional network in the classroom.
- Preparation for the Care Certificate qualification that you will gain once you are working.
- It is a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the majority of Healthcare roles. We will seek assurance you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless medically exempt.
All Generation bootcamps are delivered online via Zoom.
Program Length4 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
100% online delivery
Where could the job lead?
Once you qualify as a Healthcare Support Worker, your career can develop in many directions. You could:
- Become a Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Specialise in a skill such as blood-taking
- Go on to do a full nursing qualification
Got a question?
Drop an email to email@example.com and we'll be happy to have a chat.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
Learn how to:
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges