Are you excited about launching your career in a fast-growing sector with amazing opportunities for progression and growth? We’re offering a fully funded (you pay nothing) 10 week course to propel you into a new career. You don’t need any experience just motivation to complete the programme and start your new career.
Hear from some of our previous learners in this video:
What Does a Sustainability Project Officer Do?
As a Sustainability Project Officer (sometimes called a Retrofit Advisor), you’ll be at the forefront of driving change in energy efficiency within existing buildings across the UK. Your role involves managing sustainability projects, providing consultations, and offering support and guidance to individuals and organizations transitioning towards eco-friendly practices.
Why Choose a Career in Sustainability?
In this rapidly growing sector, your impact can be significant. With sustainability professionals in high demand across various industries including energy companies, housing associations, and local councils, the opportunities are endless. By 2025, the need for skilled professionals in sustainability is expected to soar, offering a pathway to a stable and fulfilling career.
No Experience? No Problem!
Our programme is designed for individuals like you who are eager to make a difference but don’t have any previous experience. Through comprehensive training and qualification, you’ll gain the skills needed to excel. From booking installers to processing grant applications, you’ll be equipped to handle every aspect of sustainability projects with confidence.
What We Offer:
- Learn everything you need to kickstart your career, including the technical skills our employer partners say they need and essential mindset skills for long-term success.
- We can provide you with a laptop and Wi-Fi if you need it to access the programme
- Connection to our employer partners for interviews post-programme and active support applying for other roles with employers hiring in the wider market.
- Receive personalised 1:1 coaching and mentoring for up to 6 months post-programme to overcome any challenges and thrive in your new career.
- Stand out in the job market 100% of our programme learners have secured an industry recognised level 3 qualification completing the programme
Ready to Take the First Step?
Take a look at our application journey and start your journey towards a rewarding career as a Sustainability Project Officer today!
Program Length10 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. Online learning.
- Aged 19+ as at 31st August 2023
- Available for 10 weeks full time, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
- Not currently in education, training or stable employment (zero-hours contracts are accepted)
- Have lived in the UK or European Economic Area for a minimum of 3 years
- Have the relevant Right to Work in the UK (Student Visas, Graduate Visas, Skilled Worker Visas and Youth Mobility Visas not eligible)
- Living in a London borough
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges