Want a job with great progression opportunities focused on tackling the climate crisis?
A large part of tackling climate change centers around encouraging improvements to energy efficiency within existing buildings across the UK, promoting the installation of various sustainable technologies in a process called retrofit.
Working in retrofit means becoming a sustainability guru – delivering consultations over the phone and via email, providing customer support and advice to people and organisations going through (or considering) the process of making their buildings more eco-friendly.
You will play an important role in managing the sustainability project behind the scenes. This includes booking installers and contractors, processing grant applications, reviewing surveys and progress, and conducting initial online property assessments.
Sustainability professionals are in growing demand across energy companies, specialist installers, housing associations and local councils. It’s estimated we’ll need 10,000 skilled retrofit professionals by 2025 alone! Once you start your career you can progress quickly, earning up to £30,000 in just two years through various career routes in this growing sector.
What jobs could I do after completing the programme?
This programme will teach you everything you need to know to get certified as a qualified Retrofit Advisor, we’ll provide you with the skills you need to nail a job interview with one of Generation’s employer partners and launch a ‘green’ career as a top-performer from day one earning a starting salary of £21-24,000.
Who is this programme for?
- Eager to have an impact and make a difference to the climate crisis
- Energised by working with and helping people, providing great customer service
- Great at paying attention to detail
- Comfortable working with a computer in an office environment as part of a team
- Excited to learn new things in a changing sector
What will you gain from the programme?
- Free training and qualification: You’ll learn all you need to successfully launch your career in the Green Sector — as well as the behaviour and mindset skills you need to progress with your career!
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, Generation will connect you with employers hiring for Retrofit Advisor roles, support you through your application, and help you transition into your working life.
- Career Coaching: We provide a 1–1 career coaching experience for up to 6 months post-program, to identify your personal challenges and work with you to overcome them!
- Stand out from the crowd in a highly competitive job market!
Find out more
Take a look through our videos below for more information on the course and the Green Sector.
Program Length10 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
All courses are currently being conducted remotely
- Aged 18+
- Available for 10 weeks full time, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
- Have the legal right to work & live in the UK
- You are not currently in education, training or permanent employment
- Living in a London borough
What your journey will look like
Take the first stepApply Now!
Get orientedComplete Generation's orientation process with Generation staff. Together, we'll make sure you're ready to begin class with the resources you need to succeed.
TrainBegin your training. Complete all assigned homework and come to class each day ready to learn and engage with your cohort and your instructor.
PrepareAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on mock interviews and perfecting your resume.
GraduateGraduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
AdvanceContinue to advance your career. Share your successes with the Generation team and stay connected with Generation.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges