Want a job with good pay and progression opportunities focused on tackling the climate crisis?
To tackle climate change we need to improve the energy efficiency of a large part of the UK’s ~27 million homes by installing insulation and new technologies (e.g. solar panels) in a process called retrofit.
Retrofit Advisers play a key role in this and the green transition. Day to day they deliver great phone/email-based customer support and advice to people going through or considering retrofits and drive things forward behind the scenes booking installers and contractors, processing grant applications, reviewing surveys and progress, and conducting initial online property assessments.
Retrofit Advisers are in growing demand across energy companies, specialist installers, housing associations and local councils. It’s estimated we’ll need ~10,000 skilled retrofit professionals by 2025 alone! And as a Retrofit Adviser, you can progress quickly in work earning up to £30k in 2 years as a qualified Retrofit Assessor.
This new programme will teach you everything you need to know to get certified as a qualified Retrofit Adviser, nail a job interview with one of Generation’s employer partners and launch a ‘green’ career as a top-performer from day one earning a starting salary of ~£20-23k.
What’s more… Generation programmes:
- Free training and qualification: You’ll learn all you need to successfully launch your career in Customer Support — as well as the behaviour and mindset skills you need to progress with your career!
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, Generation will connect you with employers hiring for Customer Support roles, support you through your application, and help you transition into your working life.
- Career Coaching: We provide a 1-1 career coaching experience for up to 6 months post-program, to identify your personal challenges and work with you to overcome them!
- Stand out from the crowd in a highly competitive job market!
- Childcare an issue? Reach out to us if you are a parent and you need support figuring out childcare – we can work it out with you to help you enter the Green Jobs sector!
Great Retrofit Advisers are …
- Eager to have an impact and make a difference to the climate crisis
- Energised by working with and helping people, providing great customer service
- Happy in the detail and process orientated
- Comfortable working with a computer in an office environment as part of a team
- Excited to learn new things in a changing sector
Excited? Think you have what it takes? Start your application today and apply now!
Questions? Get the FAQs
Program Length10 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Remote learningAll courses are currently being conducted remotely
What your journey will look like
Take the first stepApply Now!
Get orientedComplete Generation's orientation process with Generation staff. Together, we'll make sure you're ready to begin class with the resources you need to succeed.
TrainBegin your training. Complete all assigned homework and come to class each day ready to learn and engage with your cohort and your instructor.
PrepareAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on mock interviews and perfecting your resume.
GraduateGraduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
AdvanceContinue to advance your career. Share your successes with the Generation team and stay connected with Generation.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges