Launch a career in tech with AWS re/Start
AWS re/Start is a free, 12 week skills bootcamp that will kickstart your career in tech as a Cloud Support Practitioner.
What jobs could I do after completing the programme?
This programme trains you to become a AWS Cloud Support Practitioner – a Cloud Practitioner is someone who works with cloud technology to design and develop cloud-based solutions for companies. AWS stands for Amazon Web Services, a popular cloud platform.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is open to anyone aged 19+ as at 31st August 2023 who is living in Manchester and currently unemployed or working on a zero-hours contract. You must also have been resident in the UK/EEA for past 3 years (exceptions for: refugee status and leave to enter / remain)
You don’t need any qualifications or experience to apply and we encourage applications from groups under-represented in the tech industry – particularly women and those without university degrees.
We are looking for learners who:
- enjoy working with technology but don’t have much or any experience
- enjoy problem solving and thinking creatively to find solutions
- like to work in a team to complete tasks or challenges
What will you gain from the programme?
- It’s free! Gain all the skills you need to kickstart a career in the tech industry, at no cost
- Average estimated starting salary from £25-30k in your first role and access to future progression opportunities
- Grow in confidence and resilience, while building your first professional network in the classroom.
Hear more from programme graduate Javeriyah, who became a Systems Engineer after completing AWS re/Start:
- Free training and qualification You’ll learn all you need to be successful in a cloud technology career – from the coding languages & technical knowledge of cloud computing to the employment skills that will help you achieve your potential. At the end of the programme you’ll be ready to take your AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification – and we’ll fund you to do it.
- Connect with employers At the end of the programme, Generation will connect you with employers hiring for cloud and dev-ops engineer roles, support you through your application, and help you transition into your working life.
- Free IT support – if you need a laptop, webcam, or internet connectivity to help you access the boot-camp, we’ll provide it while you study, free of charge
- Continued financial support – if you’re receiving universal credit or other benefits, we’ll work with you to make sure you continue to receive these during the programme.
All Generation bootcamps are delivered online via Zoom.
Program Length12 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Aged 19+ as at 31st August 2023
- Available full time for 12 weeks, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
- Not currently in education, training or stable employment (zero-hours contracts are accepted)
- Have lived in the UK or European Economic Area for a minimum of 3 years
- Have the relevant Right to Work in the UK (Student Visas, Graduate Visas, Skilled Worker Visas and Youth Mobility Visas not eligible)
- Can demonstrate your interest in a career in technology
- Currently a resident in Greater Manchester
What is a Cloud Support Practitioner?
Cloud technology underpins everything we experience online. From Netflix to Facebook, Reddit to the BBC, millions of companies around the world use Amazon Web Services and the Cloud to power their businesses.
As a Cloud Support Practitioner, you'll support businesses to find cloud-based solutions for their challenges. It's a creative role, with a lot of teamwork and problem-solving.
Amazon Web Services, the “Powered by AWS” logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Don't worry if some of these technical skills aren't familiar to you — we'll teach you everything on the programme. To explore if you'll enjoy the course content, we recommend trying out some free online coding courses such as Codeacademy or Freecodecamp.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges