Launch a career in tech with AWS re/Start
AWS re/Start is a free 12 week bootcamp to kickstart your career in tech as a Cloud Support Practitioner — run in collaboration with Amazon Web Services. Take the Where Do I Belong in Tech Quiz to see if this is the right programme for you.
You don’t need any existing experience or qualifications to be part of this training programme – hear more from programme graduate Javeriyah below, who became a Systems Engineer after completing AWS re/Start.
- Free training and qualification You’ll learn all you need to be successful in a cloud technology career – from the coding languages & technical knowledge of cloud computing to the employment skills that will help you achieve your potential. At the end of the programme you’ll be ready to take your AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification – and we’ll fund you to do it.
- Connect with employers At the end of the programme, Generation will connect you with employers hiring for cloud and dev-ops engineer roles, support you through your application, and help you transition into your working life.
- Free travel and lunch And if you’re receiving universal credit or other benefits, we’ll work with you to make sure you continue to receive these during the programme.
Applications for our October 2021 programme are now closed, please register your interest to find out about other programmes with Generation.
Covid-19 update – We will launch the programme in line with government social distancing guidance. This may mean the programme launches remotely, and then moves to in-person teaching when this is permitted.
Program Length12 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Aged 18-25
- Not in Education, Training or Stable Employment (i.e. Not working regularly more than 16 hours per week)
- Can demonstrate your interest in a career in technology
- Have the legal right to work & live in the UK
- Currently a resident in Greater Manchester
- Available for 12 weeks, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
What is a Cloud Support Practitioner?
Cloud technology underpins everything we experience online. From Netflix to Facebook, Reddit to the BBC, millions of companies around the world use Amazon Web Services and the Cloud to power their businesses.
As a Cloud Support Practitioner, you'll support businesses to find cloud-based solutions for their challenges. It's a creative role, with a lot of teamwork and problem-solving.
Amazon Web Services, the “Powered by AWS” logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Don't worry if some of these technical skills aren't familiar to you — we'll teach you everything on the programme. To explore if you'll enjoy the course content, we recommend trying out some free online coding courses such as Codeacademy or Freecodecamp.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Complete your application and provide ID documentationGo through the selection process outlined earlier.
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the programme starts to make sure you have all the support you need to complete the programme successfully.
Start your trainingThe programme begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed as a Cloud Support Practitioner.
Get ready for your job applicationsAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on your interview technique and creating your personal statement for end employers.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Connect with employers and start in your new roleGeneration will connect you with employers who have vacancies reserved especially for Generation graduates. We’ll support you to find a role, and then stay in touch as you start in the job.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges