FREE Data Engineering Bootcamp!
This programme is now closed for 2022, register your interest to be notified when this next opens.
Contact us: For any questions, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help!
Data is one of the fastest growing areas in tech. With career paths leading to AI, machine learning and Big Data, now is a great time to join this sector. On this free 12 week online bootcamp, we’ll provide you with the perfect launchpad. Take the Where Do I Belong in Tech Quiz to see if this is the right programme for you.
Hear from our Graduates:
You don’t need any existing experience or qualifications to be part of this training programme.
You do need basic Python skills, which we recommend you learn by completing the free Udacity Introduction to Python Programming course.
What we’re offering…
- Free training: Over 12 weeks, you’ll learn all you need to be successful – from programming skills to the employment essentials that will help you achieve your potential.
- Mentoring (on programme and 6 months after): You will receive one to one mentoring support throughout the programme and for 6 months after to support your journey into employment.
- Connection to job interview: At the end of the programme, we will connect you with employers and help you with your employability such as CV writing and mock interviews.
- Application Stages: Please see below for more information on how to get involved.
This programme is funded by WMCA.
Program Length12 weeks
- Basic Python Skills (Complete the free Udacity Introduction to Python Programming to gain these)
- Aged 19 years old or above
- Not currently in education, training, or stable employment
- Available full time for 12 weeks, and ready to start a full time job straight after the course
- Have the legal right to work & live in the UK
- Currently living in Birmingham, Solihull, Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall, Wolverhampton, or Coventry
What does a Data Engineer do?
Think about how many customers a company like Amazon or eBay has. Millions? Then think about how many items they have online. Billions? And within that, how many types of individual information - names, locations, costs - all evolving all the time.
As a data engineer, you build and maintain the tech systems that enable companies to navigate these huge amounts of data, smoothly and securely.
It’s all about clear thinking, problem-solving and being ready to dive into the detail with your teammates.
Here's Henri, explaining the typical tasks you'll complete as a Data Engineer.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Don't worry if some of these technical skills aren't familiar to you — you'll learn them on the programme. The only technical skill you need to have before the programme is basic Python - to learn this, you need to complete the Udacity Introduction to Python Programming.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Complete your application and ID checksGo through the selection process outlined earlier, including completing the Udacity Introduction to Python Programming course if you don't know Python already.
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the programme starts to make sure you have all the support you need to achieve your potential.
Start your trainingThe programme begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed in the end role.
Get ready for your interviewAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on your interview technique and creating your personal statement for end employers.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Interview and start in your roleWe’ll matchmake you with end employers who have vacancies reserved especially for Generation graduates. We’ll support you to find a role, and then stay in touch as you start in the job.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges